Well, I hadn’t really realised what a massive array of cheesecakes there are! After looking through various recipes I decided on a traditional New York Vanilla Cheesecake.
Because Cheesecake is so naughty, my god it’s bad for you! I decided to choose a ‘healthier’ version.
Here’s the link to the recipoe I used: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5878/the-ultimate-makeover-new-york-cheesecake
I always start by getting out as many ingredients/equipment as possible, it saves on stress and sticky finger marks all over your kitchen!
For the base
- 35g butter
- 85g reduced-fat digestive biscuits, finely crushed
For the filling
- 2 x 300g/11oz tubs light soft cheese, we used Philadelphia cheese, at room temperature
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 1½ tsp finely grated lemon zest, preferably using a Microplane grater
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, room temperature, beaten
- 150g fromage frais
For the topping
- 25g golden caster sugar
- 225g punnet blueberries
- ½ tsp finely grated lime zest
- 100g fromage frais
Please check the website link for the method…
It was lovely!! I was very impressed considering it was my first attempt. I would definitely recommend this recipe.